My daughter made this Basil Chicken Fettucine recently and it was a big hit. I thought I'd share this quick and easy recipe which is perfect for a weeknight dinner or weekday lunch.
Here's what we used but feel free to vary the amounts to your liking:
- Spinach fettucine for 3
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- A blob of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the fettucine till al dente/according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Meantime, in a skillet on medium, heat up a couple tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add in the chicken and butter. Saute till the chicken is cooked through.
- Add tomatoes and basil, and saute till tomatoes are slightly softened.
- Finally add cooked fettucine into the skillet and toss to mix.
- Season to taste and you are ready to serve.
So easy, right? It literally takes like 20 minutes to put together. I like to add broccoli, carrots or spinach too. So yummy and healthy.